Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekly Favorites: Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner


I recently dug out this gem in my makeup stash.*cough cough I need to stop hoarding makeup cough* But I can't believe I totally forgot how AMAZING this product is! Continue reading to see why!

The Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner is a VERY popular product in Korea. I think it's actually the number one selling gel eyeliner in Korea because it's so affordable and it's great quality.

I have the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Number 23 Twilight Night. I don't know if it's because this product has shimmers in it but I find my eyeliner to be completely gone by the end of the day with the Bobbi Brown Eyeliner. However, with the Tony Moly Backstage Gel Liner, the eyeliner barely moves throughout the whole day. 
The Backstage Gel Liner has a wide color range as well:


I have number 1 Black. This is what the product looks like:

I absolutely love how it has a small brush attached to the packaging so if you don't have any makeup brushes, you don't need to worry about buying any new brushes.

When you open the product, it comes with a small plastic cover to keep the product from drying out quickly which often happens with gel eyeliners.

As you can see in the picture, it looks as if I didn't use much of the product however, I've actually been using this product everyday this week.
I absolutely LOVE the consistency of this eyeliner. It's super creamy and a little bit of product goes a LONG way. I actually think this eyeliner is creamier than the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner. Although this product was supposed to be a dupe for the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner, I actually enjoy using this product more than the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner.
Not only is the consistency of this eyeliner amazing, the pigmentation of this eyeliner is also great. As you can see, the eyeliner is super black. It makes me want to try out the other eyeliner colors available in this line. Another thing I love about this product is that it's super long lasting. Even without primer, this eyeliner lasts all day on my eyes and as you can see, water does not even make the eyeliner budge. This eyeliner is seriously my holy grail eyeliner.
Final Rating: 4.5/5
Pros:
  • Long Lasting
  • Affordable. Retails for 8,500 Won which is about $8.50 USD. You could get 3 of these for the price of 1 Bobbi Brown eyeliner.
  • Pigmentation is amazing.
  • Handy, has a small brush applicator within the packaging.
  • Does not dry out easily.
Cons:
  • The only con to this product is that the brush falls out of the packaging easily. Other than that, I LOVE this eyeliner.




No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird