Thursday, April 3, 2014

Review: Sisley Skincare

A couple weeks ago, I received this sweet package from Christina who works at Sisley containing some of their cult favorites!



It was such a nice surprise in the mail during finals week! Thank You Christina!




Supremya Lu Nuit Le Grand Soin Anti Age



With this product, I honestly felt no need for my skin because well... I'm still very young and my skin does not need anti aging treatment just yet. So in order to test this product, I gave it to my grandmother to see the results of the product. This product currently retails for $775 for 15 mL. I don't know about your price range but that is most DEFINITELY out of my price range. I had very high expectations for this product because there must be a reason why it costs that much. And I can honestly say it did most definitely make a big difference in my grandmother's skin. Her skin tone was brightened overall and her fine lines around areas of her face were much more blurred whenever she applied the product.


Repurchase? Yes! My grandma actually said she was going to the duty free in Korea to get this product!
A quick tip when purchasing high end products: IF you plan to leave the country within a couple weeks or months, I would advise you wait until you leave the country because if you buy your skincare or makeup products at the duty free, not only is there no tax on the product, but it's also cheaper. They also provide many other samples too so if you do have a chance, I would say get the products at the duty free!

Phyto Blanc Lightening Cleansing Milk with Botanical Extracts



Honestly, I did not really enjoy this product. I felt like it did not do a great job in cleansing my makeup but I did notice that it is very gentle on the skin. I didn't think my skin was getting any whiter like the product described, but then again, I just used a small sample, so I don't know if the effects are to show up if I bought the full bottle. The scent of the product is a light milky scent. I like milky products so personally, I really like the scent of this product. However, if you're not too fond of scented skincare products, this is definitely not your product. The cleanser itself is very gentle and soft on the skin. If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend this product. However, if you're looking for something that will remove makeup, this is not your product. I don't think I would spend the $75 USD to purchase this product. I was talking to my mom about this product and she said the foam cleanser in the Photo- Blanc line is better than the milk cleanser.. so maybe I'll check that out sometime later.

Repurchase? No. Not only is it too pricey, I don't think the benefits are too prominent on my skin.



Global Perfect Pore Minimizer

This product currently retails for $210.00 for 1.0 oz. In my skincare routine, I have been using the Estee Lauder Optimizer Intensive Boosting Lotion Pore minimizing and Refining. When I used the Optimizer, for some reason I would feel a slightly tingly feeling on my skin as it would leave my face a little sticky. I honestly did not really see a noticeable difference with the size of my pores either. However, the Sisley Pore Minimizer is most definitely something to try out. If you have enlarged pores around the sides of your nose, I would most definitely recommend this product. It has a matte finish and as soon as you apply it, like the Porefessional from Benefit, it blurs out your pores. Yes this product is a little pricey. But it is most definitely worth it. When I apply this in the mornings and put on my makeup on top of it, I  don't even need a pore balm to reduce the appearance of my pores. It really does do what it says its a PERFECT pore minimizer.
Repurchase? Yes. I'm actually thinking of purchasing this product instead of the Estee Lauder Optimizer Intensive Boosting Lotion!

I know that all of the products listed above are very VERY pricey however, I think that when it comes to skincare, it should be something worth investing in. Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird