Thursday, March 13, 2014

Beauty Secrets: Part 2: Acne Remedies

On my previous post, I talked about the causes of acne and ways that we can eradicate acne from the root of the problem. However, if you want to see the effects of these solutions, it takes a while for your body to cleanse itself. SO, I present to you a couple of quick products that you can use when you desperately need to get rid of a pimple growing on your face.
















1. CVS Acne Spot Treatment
You can get products like this at any local drug store. The main ingredient in this product is salicylic acid. There are two different acne medications that are most commonly available. Salicylic acid being one of the more common ones. There are other alternatives like the Neutrogena Spot treatment, all these products essentially do the same thing: visibly reduce pimples without over drying the skin. One problem with acne is that it starts to dry out the skin around that area, causing your makeup to look super cakey. This product reduces the size of the pimple without drying the skin too much.

2. Epiduo: Benzoyl Peroxide.
The other type of acne medication that is easily accessible at your local drug store is Benzoyl Peroxide. This product however does dry out your skin a lot so you really need to use it as spot treatment, only applying small amounts to areas that need the medication. One trick that I've been using is I mix the benzyl peroxide with a small amount of the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel before applying it onto my skin, that way even if I do accidentally apply too much product, it's diluted on the skin, therefore it won't dry my skin too much.


3. Epi Topical Solution (애피외용액)
Honestly, I have no idea where you can get this product in the US. My grandmother got it from a Korean drug store a couple months ago. This product is based off of alcohol, so it's in a liquid form and most definitely STINGS when you apply it onto your skin. Another trick when you need to get rid of a large pimple for an even ASAP is to apply ethanol onto a Q-Tip and apply it onto your trouble spots. I know it's not the best for your skin but it does the job in shrinking the appearance of your acne.

4. Morning Acne Treatment
I received this product when I was in Korea last summer and my aunt took me to a skin clinic to get a massage. They gave me this and the evening acne treatment together. I soon found out though that the Morning solution was exactly the same as the Epi Topical Solution. So, if you guys are looking for a alcohol based treatment, I suggest you look for the Epi Topical Solution.

5.Evening Acne Treatment
This product is exactly the same as the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. Its a pink powder solution lying at the bottom of a salicylic acid solution. How you use this product is you dab a Q-Tip into the bottle, penetrating the pink layer and you apply the pink powder onto your troubled areas. However, you're supposed to leave it on for about 6-8 hours so it's best if you apply it right before you sleep and wash it off the next morning.


   6.Acwin Spot Care
Lastly, I have an interesting product that most of you probably have not heard of. They're stickers you put on you acne overnight. In Korea there are many different brands of Spot Care products but I found that the Acwin ones are the best because they actually have tea tree essence within the sticker treatments. Like the Evening Acne Treatment, you place a sticker onto your acne right before you sleep and take it off when you wake up the next morning and you will visibly see a difference in the redness and the size of your trouble spots.

The products and remedies listed above are only suggestions! The best way to get rid of acne is to live a healthy lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird