Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Weekly Favorites: Etude House Dear My Jelly Lips Tok

Wow. I've really been busy lately but this product has really been saving me these days. So I thought I would write a quick blog post to procrastinate even more. Teehee. Anyways. The product I will deem as my Week 3 Weekly Favorites is the Etude House Dear My Jelly Lips Tok in Mango Mango.



Well. It's the end of the quarter here in UC Santa Cruz and that means... well.. finals. When I study for anything, I don't like having makeup on because I feel like it distracts me even more. Unless I go to the library, I actually don't put anything on my face. Even if I go to the library, the only thing I do is cover up my acne scars with concealer and put on a quick lip tint or lip stick. I feel like putting anything on my eyes makes my eyes feel too heavy.

This product however, has a lip balm like texture with great pigmentation. When I was originally purchasing the product, I think I bought it because I thought it was such an interesting color. I actually did not swatch the color before purchasing the product. So I expected the lip stick to actually be a creamy nude color. However, when I actually tried it on, I was on the go, without a mirror so I didn't see the color of my lips until I got on the elevator and I was definitely pleasantly surprised with the color of my lips.


There are a variety of colors you can choose from within the Dear My Jelly Lips Tok line. If I knew how great this product was, I definitely would have grabbed a couple more before leaving Korea.  
Also, its not that pricey-- due to the fact that its from Etude House, but still, for the price of 8,500 won which is about $8.50 US dollars, I think this is a great product. In my opinion, its even better than the Revlon Lip Butters for those of you who've tried it. This product is even creamier and moisturizing. 

It also has GREAT pigmentation, and is definitely low maintenance.  I know when you put on a lip stick you always have to check if it settles in your lip lines or if it smeared past your lip line, but this lip stick is more like a lip tint. You just apply it once and don't need to worry about anything anymore.
I definitely appreciate this product when I'm on the go because I know that the color will be great. The only down side to this product is that it doesn't last too long on your lips.
Final Rating: 4.5/5 I absolutely love this product
Cons:


  • Does not last too long on the lips.. only about 2 hours?
  • The color at the top of the lipstick is different from the bottom because it changes when applied to heat aka.. my lips.
Pros:
  • Smells SUPER good like candy. I just want to eat it up.
  • Easy to manage especially on the go.
  • Great pigmentation. 
  • Super Cute Packaging
  • Easy go- to pink color
  • Cheap
  • Even Krystal of F(x) uses it. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird