Friday, March 7, 2014

Review: CLIO Gelpresso Mini Set

When I was in Korea last summer, I was determined to find a REALLY good eyeliner. I heard many good things about the CLIO gelpresso eyeliner however, I wasn't willing to pay 12,000Won for each eyeliner that I wanted to try out. I wanted to try all these exotic colors and I didn't want to pay such a high price for each individual one. That's when I found this Gelpresso Mini Eyeliner set:


This eyeliner set comes with 5 different eyeliners:

  1. Beige Shine
  2. Golden Khaki
  3. Star Purple
  4. Dark Choco
  5. Golden Black


Down Below are the swatches:
What's really interesting about these eyeliners is that they are actually Gel Eyeliners molded into pencil form, that way you don't need to clean your brush after every application.

Although the Eyeliner takes a little while to set, once the eyeliner sets, it does not budge.




Each one of the eyeliners come with gorgeous golden or beige shimmers that really make your eyes pop when you apply the eyeliner. One thing I've found out is that instead of using an everyday black eyeliner, if you use one with golden shimmers, it makes a difference. 
Also, if you're looking to change things up a bit, I would recommend you use the Khaki color. It's a dark enough green to blend into your lashline without looking too prominent. However in the sunlight, the deep khaki color definitely shows.

Final Ratings: 4.5/5 The only reason being that they are a bit pricey.
Pros:

  • gorgeous shimmers for each color
  • amazing lasting power once the eyeliner sets on both bottom and upper lash lines
  • color range is wide, these eyeliners have 12 different options. I really want to try their burgundy eyeliner.
  • Waterproof. I cried with this eyeliner on. No it wasn't a tear or two. It was a freaking waterfall. Did not budge.
Cons:

  • Can be pricey for eyeliner
  • Takes about 4-5 minutes to set completely so you need to be extra careful during the time it sets.

1 comment:

  1. How much that you spend for this mini set. I have mine in Bloody Angel for $9. Thanks for the swatches I love the Star Purple ^^

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird