Sunday, March 9, 2014

Review: VDL Pink Colada Milk Tint Bar and Comparison to Benefit.

Today's review is the VDL Pink Colada Milk Tint Bar. The VDL Tint bar series comes in three different types. A milk tint, a gel tint, and a bar tint. The milk tint is a lighter consistency with lighter pigmentation. The gel tint is a bright neon color tint and the Bar tint is a unique tint with three colors in one bar tint to make a natural gradient effect.

When I bought the milk tint, it was a purchase completely on a whim. I was walking down the street and saw that they were having a two for one sale and so I walked in and literally grabbed the first thing I saw so that I could give it to my friend as her birthday present.
As I was unpacking, I realized that I had two of these tints and so I decided to keep one for myself since I'm a makeup hoarder....I was running low on tints. That's when I realized that the tint was strikingly similar to the Benefit Posie Tint.
The VDL Tint bar in Milk Colada comes in three different colors. Pink Colada, Violet Colada, and Coral Colada. The one I gave to my friend was the Violet Colada and I decided to keep the Pink Colada for myself.


The tint itself is a very creamy consistency and does not dry out the lips as much as normal tints, probably because its a "milk" tint so the pigmentation of the tint is not as bright as other tints. The lasting power is also great for the tint really stains your lips so even if you eat or drink something, it doesn't disappear like a normal lipgloss or lipstick. What's really interesting about this tint though is the color is identical to the Benefit Posie Tint.

I only have the sample size of the Posie tint because someone gave it to me.. and also its super pricey but if you want to try the Benefit Lip and Cheek stains, I recommend that you try the VDL ones instead. I found that the pigmentation of the VDL Milk Tints are actually better than the Benefit Lip and Cheek Stains
The swatch on the LEFT is the VDL stain for both pictures. As you can see, when first applied, the VDL Milk Tint is a creamier consistence therefore, the pigmentation of the tint stains the skin more than the Benefit Posie Tint. I think this lip stain is better than the Posie tint and now I no longer want it. P.S. THE CORAL ONE IS SIMILAR TO THE CHA CHA TINT. So instead of spending $30 on the Benefit one, I would get the VDL lip tint for $10 PLUS sometimes they have a buy one get one free sale...
FINAL RATINGS:
Overall rating: 5/5 Even better than the Benefit Posie Tint.
Pigmentation: 4.5/5 Great pigmentation for a lip stain. Stays on lips for about 4-5 hours.
Pros:
  • Cheap Prices for great quality product
  • Pigmentation of the stain is amazing.
  • Creamy application
  • Cute Packaging
  • Doesn't taste weird....yes. I accidentally ate some..
Cons:
  • Product size is small... that's about all I can think of.
Guys. This product is not very popular but I really think you guys should give it a try! I personally think it's better than any other Korean makeup brand's tint!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird